New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why I love Manners Mini Chassis
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a match next Saturday and very little free time so between chores I ran to the range with 10 rounds. I got a new lot of Hornady ELD and the new tips are opaque compare to the last lot which were translucent. These look more like the A-MAX. I loaded five to compare to the old lot. Turns out they shoot as good or better.

On to the Mini-chassis. I had been shooting .308 so swapped out barreled actions to 6.5 Creed. It always takes one shot to settle after swapping but immediately returns to zero after. Last time I did this was at 400yds and was off .1 MRAD 1st shot then back in business.

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Freak:

Those ELDs are awesome bullets in terms of accuracy. Many of my rifles shoot them better than Bergers.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with them in this rifle. It's the only one I've used them in though. I have about 500 of the .284/162gn A-MAX left for my LR hunting gun but will swap to the 162 or 175gn ELD-X when they are gone (just waiting on another Manners to replace the McMillan Game Scout I was using since it is about to be a swap stock for 7mm and .338).

This 6.5 Creed loves the ELD-M though. I think I shot 27 shots start to finish for load development. I did it all at 300yds because I was pressed for time:

Last three shots to confirm load dev at 815yds to ensure that load held good vertical:

Zero confirmation prior to last match I used the 6.5 Creed in back in August:

Posts: 518 | Registered: 28 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post