THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LONG RANGE SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Long Range Shooting    Is the Remington 700 5R Gen 2 .300Win Mag 24" TB 85197........accurate....???
Page 1 2 

Moderators: MS Hitman
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Remington 700 5R Gen 2 .300Win Mag 24" TB 85197........accurate....???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with that! Confused He is asking for help and what he gets are mostly wise ass answers!

Hip

Posts: 1817 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hipshoot:
Nothing wrong with that! Confused He is asking for help and what he gets are mostly wise ass answers!

Hip

He did ask for the value (to which I added nothing) but he also talked about the reputation for how they shot at long range and I ASSumed he was asking about that too (so I pontificated) but in fact he wasn't planning to shoot it. I guess he never intended to.

I thought my posts were value-added but I suppose you and he didn't see it that way.

Besides, when a guy askes for a nice chicken dinner, we (I) tell him he doesn't want that and where to get a great steak. Human nature.

I'll be more careful.....maybe.

Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shortly after I purchased this firearm and got it fully set up with a $2,600.00 scope. I was diagnosed with "macula degeneration" a completely untreatable (other then take your vitamins) eye disease that will 100% for sure end in blindness. It has advanced to the point where I pretty much only now shoot handguns.

So I find myself with at least 90 firearms I'll never be able to use. So the goal is to "prudently" sell off that for which there is current demand. One pocket of demand was born in the bankruptcy of Remington Arms Co.

I only go to town for supplies once a year, so I don't have the feel for different markets in firearms, as in what is in substantial demand, that I once had when I regularly visited gun stores. Or worked at what was the best Gun Store in Alaska. Gunbroker.com is a fairly good place to get a general feel for what is in demand, but it can be deceiving as it has a world wide market.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).

Posts: 310 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 March 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good advise is to listen to what is being said before you open your mouth to answer!

Hip

Posts: 1817 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow richard head,
Sounds like you're looking for a fight but I won't oblige.
Thanks for the unneeded advice.

Alaskan Sourdough,
So sorry about the medical issue which is robbing your eyesight.

Sounds like you have quite a chore with the huge stable of guns which you want to move.
I think you're headed in the right direction sending one down the road at a time to maximize your bottom line.

Best of luck with the eyes and getting the ones sold that you want gone.

Zeke

Posts: 2269 | Registered: 27 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
I find it a little hard to believe that someone who owns 90 guns, one of which is a 5R with a 2600 dollar scope on it, and decades of experience, needs to ask if it has a good reputation. Further, anyone with the above should know that There are a whole lot of factors aside from the rifle that will also govern how well a given rifle might shoot irrespective of the rifle's reputation, or even in fact, irrespective of it's prior proven performance. It would seem to me that the OP should be well aware that even a change in the lot number of factory ammo can throw any prior performance out the window and any expectation of anything with even that change is completely unwarranted.

OP what the hell is really going on here? This post stinks to high heaven of some kind of trolling. Why? Even at -50 degrees in Alaska, this one wouldn't smell right.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think hes been in the bush to long and is just lonesume for some one to talk to.. cabin feaver is like that ya know!! especially in minus ) degrees..dulls the senses!! rotflmo

Who in Alaska wants to hunt with such a gun, Id much prefer a win mod 70 in 300 win mag..or a boat paddle Ruger in same..sell it and buy a hunting rifle and keep the change before you wear out your snow shoes..

All kidding aside Id value that gun at $2500 to 2800, and probably hard to sell as the "wanters" are far and few between..Its always been a decent gun but like any factory gun to the serious bench rest bunch, its just that, nothing more than a factory gun with a factory barrel..
Most of those guys build there rifle and try as many as 20 barrels before settling on one..

Mst of my info is from some of SAeeds bench rest compasres who basically schooled me on their way of life in the bench rest world while hunting Tanzania, quite an education, those guys know their business..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post