New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Apple computer in the works
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wonder how much difference using this new computer for photo editing will make compared to other computers?
http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/...y-first-impressions/

http://www.extremetech.com/gam...ut-of-a-last-gen-gpu

I already use a couple of iMacs for photo editing and have been quite happy with them for the past 6 years or longer, but the new specs sound real good, at least on paper.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I'll have to stop by an Apple store one of these days and take a look.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
5K on a screen of that size is not very useful.

And I can build a desktop much better than anything Apple offers at a much lower price too clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
5K on a screen of that size is not very useful.

And I can build a desktop much better than anything Apple offers at a much lower price too clap

Dell has 27" 4k screen for the same price (around $2,400), but Apple provides a computer behind the screen, so you are getting 2 for the price of 1.

However, as all other screen manufacturers saturate the market with 4 and 5k screens, the price will come down drastically. Just give them some time past this Christmas.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote