New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got An Underwater Drone!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We got the POWER VISION Power Ray underwater drone.

I have very mixed feelings about it.

The drone works, but sometimes it stops without any reason. But, as it is on a cable, not too much to worry about.

Quality of the 4K camera is very good in the pool.

Now to the not so nice part.

The app is simply awful!

It saves all media on a internal memory in the wireless control unit, and you can download it to an iPad for instance.

But, it is in the app! And there is no way to get it out of the app to edit it!!

They say you can use an app for the PC, which I have downloaded, but have not tried yet.

It would have been so much easier if it had a slot for a memory card, like other drones.

We are flying to the Maldives tonight, and I am hoping to try it.

Will report back on my experience.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66892 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, this is something I could get excited about... Especially around crappie fishing time....

Posts: 10132 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes, very interesting, and the drone works, but made totally unusable by the utterly stupid design of the software.

The drone connects to a wireless box that also has the internal memory for any saved videos.

That is all great.

But, the software downloads the videos into the app on the iPad used to view and drive it.

The videos cannot be transferred to the iPad photo and video directory, nor can they be transferred out of the iPad at all???

Who the hell had this stupid idea defies comprehension!

Their website says yiu can download a Windows app to your PC and transfer the video to the PC.

We downloaded the app, but it absolutely refused to connect to drone control unit.

We are all scratching our heads on how this can be ruined by such a silly mistake.

All could have been solved if they had used an SD or microSD card.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66892 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote