Find
Notify
Tools

Forget to sell your 35mm camera?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
If you were a fan of Ektachrome, wait a bit before selling your 35mm camera.

http://www.thephoblographer.co...back-in-35mm-format/

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too late by about 12 years...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I still have my Nikon FE and Pentax K2-DMD

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can buy them on e-bay for about $50 - $100. Maybe the price will go up now...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many E-6 labs have closed down.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave wesbrook:
Many E-6 labs have closed down.

Very true. Probably best to use a mail order service than to expect a good local lab in every town.

https://www.slrlounge.com/list...ilm-developing-labs/

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/labs.htm

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wink this is great news. I also found someone who can "sort of" process Kodachrome!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I still have my Hasselblad 500!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Canon AE1

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There aren't any rolls of Ektachrome for sale in my neck of the woods, yet. I don't think we'll see them until 2018.

Worse, I understand that Fuji is limiting its film production. So, you can hope the Ektachrome hits the streets soon, or buy Fuji (Sensia or Provia) before there is none left. In France the Fuji slide film goes for 15 to 20 euros per 36 shot role. A passion for film doesn't come cheap.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I started with a 35mm reflex camera around 1970.

I used my Canon A1 from circa 1978 until around 2004.

I currently am shooting a Canon 7d mk 2.

Personally, I do not miss film at all.

ya!

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I still have my Canon F1. Love that camera. Guess it is time to put it back in service.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have adjusted to the digital plague. I use the D40X for pictures that I intend on posting through the Internet, but for REAL photographs I use either the FTn, F2 or if serious the 500C. There is no comparison between film and pixels. I have an account for develop/printing/mounting with a lab in Bellevue (across the lake from Seattle). Now if Kodak would reintroduce Kodachrome 25 I'd be in great shape.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my region there is increased demand by couples to have their weddings photographed in black and white on film. They apparently want that retro/natural look. There is also a growing movement to go back to analog sound as it is deemed superior to digital.

Posts: 3672 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ray B:
I have adjusted to the digital plague. I use the D40X for pictures that I intend on posting through the Internet, but for REAL photographs I use either the FTn, F2 or if serious the 500C. There is no comparison between film and pixels. I have an account for develop/printing/mounting with a lab in Bellevue (across the lake from Seattle). Now if Kodak would reintroduce Kodachrome 25 I'd be in great shape.

You ever use Moon Photo in Greenwood? Good guy.

I think part of my frustration with digital is that I get click happy and just take a thousand meaningless pics in the hopes one turns out. It's less intentional act than with film. It's of course all in my head, but the luxury of just *delete* without a financial penalty encourages that, for me at least.

I really like Tri-X 400 for B&W as it looks like I think a B&W pic should look. Good stuff.