New
Find
Notify
Tools

DJI Mavic Air 2
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
DJI just introduced a new consumer level drone - the Mavic Air 2. It fits in between the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air.

The DJI lineup is getting a little confusing with so many "Mavic" Models. The Mavic 2 (not to be confused with the Air 2) comes in two versions the Zoom and the Mavic 2 Pro (not to be confused with the older Mavic Pro).

Anyhow, the Mavic Air 2 has a lot of new technology, extended flight time and extended range over the Mavic 2 line. While the sensor (1/2 CMOS) on the Air 2 isn't to the standard of the Mavic 2 Pro, the Air 2 nonetheless offers exceptional video (Including HDR and 4K 60fps and FHD 240fps) and 48 MP photos in JEPG and RAW.

I've had a couple of days with the Air 2. When comparing video and photo against my Mavic 2 Zoom, it is difficult to fault the Air 2 in any way. Both video and photo are amazingly sharp and the ability to shoot in HDR video saves a lot of post processing time. Yes you can do a lot more in post processing, however, the market the Air 2 is targeting a more consumer and less professional market.

Anyhow, if anyone was interested in drones, the Air 2 is an impressive package. The combo kit comes with three batteries and filters (a must have) for $988.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tried one yesterday.

Very nice, but I will stick to the Mavic 2 Zoom.

It is not much bigger, comes with a smart controller that has its own, fantastic, screen.

And has no zoom.

The smart controller and the zoom are the deciding factors for me.

We took videos with both yesterday, here in our garden.

Chasing the dogs around, videoing all the animals etc.

The Mavic zoom was way way better in real life.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I said, it's not to the level of the Zoom or certainly the Pro, but for the price it is a lot of drone with a lot of new technology.

I hope DJI decides to do a software upgrade for the Zoom rather than bringing out a Mavic 2 Zoom 2 or such nonsense.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a 4x zoom.

Longer battery life would be great, but that would mean a bigger size.

I like to take wildlife videos, sometimes these are several kilometer away.

Currently I can only video a few minutes on site before having to return home.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66911 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote