Find
Notify
Tools

The next Zeiss ZX1
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I think Zeiss is going in a direction that will gain traction.

https://zx1.zeiss.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-cHyAsHXKo

Full-frame sensor with Zeiss image quality, Lightroom CC post-processing of RAW images in-camera and sharing like a Smartphone.

The announced Fuji has a lot of pixels and will certainly produce great image quality, but the Zeiss is the first camera I have seen that I think will attract the street photographer as much, or more, as the Leica Q.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
What a crappy web site zeiss has.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
It’s really bad.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Camera looks interesting.

Although Garry Winogrand performed street photography wizardry with his M3. Being quiet wasn’t the point, being in the right place and having the balls to push the shutter was. I love that guy.

It is really amazing to see cameras change so fast.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The concept looks good, the full frame looks good, but the fixed 35 mm lens looks bad. Serious cameras for serious photographers need interchangeable lenses. And zeiss makes great lenses. I used many of them on my Hasselblad cameras.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote