New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fuji XT-3
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know someone who sells them and tells me they are awesome, much better than Canon etc...
Has anyone had any experience with these?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I have never owned a Fujifilm camera, but there are a lot of reviews by savvy photographers about the camera. It's a fairly recent camera, so probably not a lot of owners on AR. And there are thousands of very happy Fujifilm camera owners in recent years.

Since almost every camera made today is capable of excellent quality pictures, you knowing what you want out of camera is the starting point for making a decision.

Some things I look at are:

1) Battery life. The Fuji doesn't win any races on this point.

2) Image stabilisation (whether in body or in lenses). Fuji doesn't get high marks here, no in body stabilisation, fewer lenses than other manufacturers with lens-based stabilisation.

3) RAW processing widely supported. Fuji uses a unique X-Trans RAW file format and many common post-processing software packages do not support it.

But for many users these are not determining factors in their decision, just things to take into account as a downside to the real reason they like them. Generally Fujifilms cameras are recognized as taking excellent jpeg images meaning, for many, less post-processing on a computer, or just using the camera's processing engine, using their simulations for classic Fuji films, to get their final results. A lot of people like that. An historic user of a high-end Nikon or Canon with years of post-processing experience with powerful software would find this a negligible feature, so wouldn't be interesed.

Different strokes for different folks.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wink.I think I'll stick to my Canon and look at upgrading sometime.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
I know someone who sells them and tells me they are awesome, much better than Canon etc...
Has anyone had any experience with these?

He is a salesman by the sound of it and talking bullshit.

I have used the XT2, and never really got into it.

Fuji have their cult followers, that is all.

I am lucky enough to be able to try any camera without buying it.

If you are into SLRs, right now NIKON and SONY are tops.

Especially with mirrorless cameras.

Canon has fallen behind in this respect.

I am looking forward to trying the new PANASONIC which comes out next month.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the US market and mirrorless cameras in 2019, but this was in Japan in 2018 (canon was way ahead of the rest):
https://www.lightstalking.com/...s-in-japan-for-2018/

However, Canon is lagging behind in the video camera market.
---------

In relation to mirrorless cameras in the US, Sony is king. Sony also has the best camera sensors on the market.

Mirrorless market share in 2019:
https://photorumors.com/2019/0...rket-share-in-japan/

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of ways to slice the international camera sales statistics: interchangeable lens cameras, fixed lens cameras, small, medium and large format cameras, etc. Slr vs mirrorless is the statistic that gets the most attention these days, as more and more people are interested in the smaller size and some of the advantages of mirrorless over digital single lens reflex cameras (DSLR). But if you make the statistic just those cameras, whatever the sensor size, whether DSLR or mirrorless, that have a system which is based on interchangeable lens capability, then you get this:

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/0...24-9-sony-13-3.aspx/

Most of the market is in the low-end-performance cameras, the less expensive cameras, which is of course logical since that is what most people buy. Aggregated world market share statistics don't really tell you if a camera is a good camera or not. Those professional photographers that need a huge "system" with an incredible range of performance features and lenses use either Canon or Nikon for the most part. A glimpse at any professional sports event or newsworthy public event confirms that fact to everyone but the blind. That doesn't mean that a Leica or a Hasselblad or a Phase One isn't a great camera.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote