The Accurate Reloading Forums
Some Northern Lights: enjoy

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8911043/m/4781066562

27 April 2021, 08:31
Ray Alaska
Some Northern Lights: enjoy
Hopefully I don't break the rules for posting in this forum. My intention is to increase the "traffic" taking place in here, since it has been quite low for some time now. The season for taking photos of the Auroras in central Alaska is coming to an end as May nears and the darkness diminishes. I took these photos within the past two weeks:

27 April 2021, 15:06
Saeed
Fantastic!

Thank you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
29 April 2021, 20:26
Wink
I've never seen the phenomenon; I hope someday I will since I am always fascinated by it, and your photos are great.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.
30 April 2021, 07:18
Ray Alaska
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
I've never seen the phenomenon; I hope someday I will since I am always fascinated by it, and your photos are great.

Thank you, Wink.

Northern Canada and Alaska are great places to see the Northern Lights, but you don't have to travel very far from France to see them:
https://spacetourismguide.com/northern-lights-europe/

Some more from Alaska:

26 May 2021, 08:02
boom stick
It’s on my bucket list to see such beauty. Thanks for sharing

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)
26 May 2021, 08:56
Ray Alaska
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
It’s on my bucket list to see such beauty. Thanks for sharing

Glad you like them. The photos are nothing like watching the Auroras with your own eyes. They are amazing sometimes.
07 June 2021, 08:36
Use Enough Gun
quote:
The photos are nothing like watching the Auroras with your own eyes. They are amazing sometimes.

tu2
18 September 2023, 01:32
TomP
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Alaska:

Glad you like them. The photos are nothing like watching the Auroras with your own eyes. They are amazing sometimes.

Two of us slept out in a cutover wheat field in northeastern Montana once when the Auroras were in full bloom, 20 miles from the nearest light bulb. It took two hours to get to sleep...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)