Find
Notify
Tools

New Nikon DX lens
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
If you own a Nikon with an APS-C sensor (which means most Nikon DSLR's) then there is a new 16-80mm f/2.8 lens which might interest you.

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Nik...52F2.8-4E-ED-VR.html

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
Well, it turns out that the money I was saving to upgrade my camera was spent on a quad-copter!

I still have in the plans to purchase a D3S as an upgrade for my D2X which is a fine camera still. The D3 doesn't produce one of those massive 24 MB or larger image. I also have in the plan a short telephoto F1 .4 lens. I also bought the Canon video camera which is really pretty good and also takes reasonable size images.

I think Saeed and his associates on Safari are doing a wonderful job documenting the equipment they are using. The photography and other reporting that they do now make it fun for those of us on "vicarious" safaris and also demonstrate the capabilities of the various equipments they are using.

I really like the top-of-the-line Nikon product which appears to be the optical brothers of those lenses made by Leica that I used on my Hasselblads.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both Canon and Nikon make good lenses; the best ones cost a lot of money, while the cheaper ones are sold the most.

Posts: 492 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 November 2013Reply With Quote