Find
Notify
Tools

Post processing
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
There hasn't been a lot of traffic on this forum for awhile. So here are a few zebras. Nothing special, I just tried a post-processing slant towards B&W, not totally, just a bit.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
A great pic of some classic zebra social behaviour.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink,

Is that processed as a JPG or off the RAW file?

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
It is off the RAW file with a preset (from a set of presets) in DxO Photolab 2. It was a "one click" post-process converted to a TIFF file exported to Lightroom for downsizing, conversion to JPG and the addition of my copyright. I can't remember which preset I chose, but I can probably go back and find out.

Generally I find the aftermarket presets (this is not one of the DxO preset options) to be a little overboard or weird, not natural. In this case I thought the excess contrast worked well.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you. After some camera changes, I've been working with several RAW processing packages, and am not altogether happy with the workflow. DXO I have not tried.

I agree on the preset filters.

Your image is excellent. Where was it taken?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by farbedo:
Thank you. After some camera changes, I've been working with several RAW processing packages, and am not altogether happy with the workflow. DXO I have not tried.

I agree on the preset filters.

Your image is excellent. Where was it taken?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Nairobi National Park.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Farbedo, thinking about your work flow comment, I have not found a solution which I find easy, efficient and elegant. Everything I have tried has some aspect which makes it cumbersome or redundant or complicated or lacking when compared with another.

Then again, I'm not a professional photographer and a lot of the capability of the best software is not anything I need. If I had a studio I think I would concentrate on learning how to use Capture One. It's probably the best post-processing software out there.

https://blog.captureone.com/10...TlA3WjRsdVdYNmFUYyJ9

There is one downside to Capture One (actually there are several). If you use a medium format camera that is not made by Phase One (which owns Capture One) or Mamiya then it will not work. I don't have any medium format digital cameras so that would not affect me. But Nasim Mansurov, who uses a Fuji large sensor camera, does complain about it.

https://photographylife.com/wh...lace-adobe-lightroom