Find
Notify
Tools

Intricate Bay Ak
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted
We couldn't get going until end of January for the lack of ice, we are now in the ketch-up mode!

My wife is definetly the better 1/2 of this pair!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That wolverine did some serious damage to the area before you dispatched him.
They must be a very interesting (and dangerous) animal.

Looking like you are on your way to play "catch-up" for the late start.
When does one pull their line up there?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man you have almost zero snow?!

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
Man you have almost zero snow?!

Yes Jake it's pretty dry here,, the lack of snow has our trapline down to a bare minimum and most of our quarry is up in the hills. Along with our moose, although I found a big wolf scat full of moose hair a couple of days ago. 6 snowmacines in the yard and haven't burned a tank of gas yet. Honda's in the hummocks is brutal.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man that’s crazy. I know the guys over in the wood tikchik area haven’t been able to do spring bear in several years due to the lack of snow. Good for some stuff, rough for others.

Master guide #212

Posts: 1395 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
Man that’s crazy. I know the guys over in the wood tikchik area haven’t been able to do spring bear in several years due to the lack of snow. Good for some stuff, rough for others.

You want snow ?We'd be happy to send you a shitload. Smiler And we're only at 52 deg.Latitude.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lol I don’t want it! All it does is kill moose sheep and Deer! I got no use for it! Well not a lot of it anyway.

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our Saskatchewan weather was crazy this year. First there was no snow worth mentioning so I ran my marten traps by quad. After that was over there was a ton of late snow and nothing to trap. The late snow hung around long enough to delay the spring beaver and bear trapping. It didn't seem like much more than the next day and we were dodging forest fires.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote