Find
Notify
Tools

Bobcat
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi.
Bobcat is one of the cats that I still have on my list.
Who hunted bobcat and could help me with suggestions? I shot already a mountain lion; it would be just for bobcat.
It should be either with hounds or with a caller.(FoxPro?)
I saw some nice videos on youtube where they used callers for bobcat and it worked great.
I prefer them with a nice winter coat, so it should be in a State further north.

The price should be reasonable. I found places in Canada that take more than $5000 for a 5-day hunt or up to $7000 for a week.
Who of you US-hunters know where non-residents from Europe can hunt them?
Thanks for your help and take care Roger

Posts: 44 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 25 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rj61:
Hi.
Bobcat is one of the cats that I still have on my list.
Who hunted bobcat and could help me with suggestions? I shot already a mountain lion; it would be just for bobcat.
It should be either with hounds or with a caller.(FoxPro?)

I saw some nice videos on youtube where they used callers for bobcat and it worked great.
I prefer them with a nice winter coat, so it should be in a State further north.

The price should be reasonable. I found places in Canada that take more than $5000 for a 5-day hunt or up to $7000 for a week.

Who of you US-hunters know where non-residents from Europe can hunt them?
Thanks for your help and take care Roger

I would like to take you on a winter bob cat hunt for cheap/free but it takes years to draw a cat tag here in Wisconsin.

Maybe go to some of the varmint hunting boards and ask bob cats in many states are Varmints and one can take many.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ANy outfitter in MT or WY that hunts lions will give you a chance at Bobcats. I have a contact here in MT for bobcats that has some great walker hounds. He is not an outfitter but I will give you his email address and maybe he can help you out. Let me know if you would like the information.

Tom

Posts: 1194 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
post this on Texas predator Posse
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/
I think there are some guided cheaper than noted here!

Posts: 700 | Location: South Central Texas | Registered: 29 August 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About any Texas deer stand in South Texas will get you a sack full of bobcats every morning. Also getcha another sack full of Javalina...Varmint hunting isn't that costly down there after or before deer season..I would say $100 per day or less...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote