Find
Notify
Tools

How Big?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
not sure if you can guage a beavers size by his track. I never saw him but he evaded 3 good conibear sets. I have a size 10 boot.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Don't know, haven't caught a whole bunch of beaver. Biggest I ever seen was a 70 lb 'er I tanned for a friend. Most adults around here go 40-50 lbs

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
60+- range

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1214 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just caught one , weighed 52 lbs and I thought he was big ... hard to judge by the track .

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
I put out three more sets this morning. We will find out on Sunday if he outsmarted me again. He has some really good slides down the dam into the lower pond...REALLY wish I could set there.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Good luck, weirdest catch I ever had was in a 1.5 single long spring. Had a float set up for rats. Nothing to tie off to but overhanging tree branches. Hell they looked like I had a 40 lb. Catfish on the end of fishing pole except it was a beaver. Thought I was gonna lose it all before I could get a 22 in his ear

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I trapped several in the 50's, one 64 and one that went 73lbs years ago. Got that one right outside of a small town on a friends property. He asked me over as his trees were disappearing too fast for his taste.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a local contest going on near me , for the widest beaver tail . If you get one that measures 8 inches wide , send me a picture ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote