New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for coyote hunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
We do sell coyote hunting packages if you want but the main point of this post is to get some coyote hunters coming out. We are in the very Northwest corner of South Dakota and would love to have some hunters come out and shoot some coyotes.. We are losing livestock and money. I can get you access to thousands of acres of several ranches combined in the same situation.

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
What town 1s close to hunting area? What lodging is available?

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 859 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buffalo South Dakota and yes there is a hotel in town

Posts: 517 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
So is this posting a sales pitch for your coyote hunting packages or an offer to gain permission for any hunter that is willing to come to the area to kill coyotes?

Guess the drop in pelt prices may have stopped a lot of local fur hunters/trappers.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's just a offer to help get people permission to hunt coyotes and help out some ranchers.

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
If I lived within a day's drive of you, I'd happily join in. Wish someone around my area would do the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Routier:
It's just a offer to help get people permission to hunt coyotes and help out some ranchers.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in New England the coyote has eliminated the woodchuck from the farms.

Woodchuck hunting was a favorite of mine. I have shot only two coyotes in the last few years.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Round bout calving/lambing time next spring would really pick up the demand for hunters I would imagine.

What months would that be up there?

Challenge your limits

One of Us
posted Hide Post
February March and April for most people. They are really pounding the sheep ranchers

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Randy - I sent you a PM

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
????? why wasn't this post done in the varmint hunting section. Also what is the charge for this service?

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I replied, and I guess it is my fault it is in the wrong section.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Having an EX whose family raised sheep I can say yotes are a real problem. Back when yotes were really getting bad here a neighbor bought sheep and put them in a pasture. I figured that would be a short lived venture. After several weeks with no apparent loses I was puzzled until one day when I passed I noted that two of the sheep were Great Pyrenees.

Don't think there is a "fault" or wrong section, why not post there too or just ask the moderator to move it.

Challenge your limits

one of us
posted Hide Post
Miles and miles of BLM in Idaho, best coyote hunting is in the Owayhee behind Twin Falls in the arid desert..If you can call real well, Id say 10 to 25 coyotes per day in most areas..Just driving around spot and stalk or spot and shoot, Id guess 4 to 5 a day..if you can shoot. No guide or permission needed, its gov. land. and lots of it. That area may be as large as some states and it covers parts of Idaho, Nevada, and Oregon...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't hunt coyotes unless someone pays ME! I let them live till a tournament and then clean house. My son and I can pick up $1500 top $2500 as a team for a day of hunting song dogs. Have won or placed for the last five or six years during winter day shoots. That's all I'll say about paying to hunt coyotes!

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyPhD:
If I lived within a day's drive of you, I'd happily join in. Wish someone around my area would do the same.

Hmmm....how far up the coast are you, and are there hogs?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote