THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    What's a fair price for a Win 9422 in 98% condition?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's a fair price for a Win 9422 in 98% condition?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Also posting this in the rimfire forum. I have a line on one I can buy. Asking price is $750.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have as near mint 9422 as you can find and would not take less then $700 for it. But it's lots better then average. $750 is a OK price. Some peoples 98% may not be what yours is.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
They sell a lot higher than I would pay! You could probably buy 2 Marlin 39's for the cost of the Winchester!

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Bought my 9422 magnum at an estate sale for a fraction of the price you quoted, but would not sell it for less than $800.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it has a box it is going to be $ 1000.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Haven't made up my mind. I think Marlin is still making the 39s but new ones aren't available. Not sure I want to spendd that much on a 9422.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are just wanting a nice rimfire lever take a look at the Henrys. My latest one is their 22 with octagon barrel, cost about $400. Slickest lever action I have ever owned and it will shoot 1 inch, 5 shot groups at 50 yards with Blazer ammo.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6591 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Marlin and Winchesters too, but my Henry Goldenboy will outshoot them all and it is much slicker...and a new one is half the going prices for the 9422's...plus it looks pretty sharp too.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Locally about $500 to $600 and the 22 magnums bring $800 to $1000.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
All are good rifles - you pays your money and takes your choice.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I was at the right place at the right time. Woolworth was getting out of the gun business (the 1970s). I pickup the last one they had (94/22 LR) for $125. I can't believe how much they cost today.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one at the best price - free! Actually, 9422M in .22 mag. My ex-brother-in-law inherited several firearms and his wife wanted him to get rid of them. I helped sell a few and he gave me the rest. It outshoots my Marlin bolt action 882 and my buddy's Savage 93 with a heavy barrel.

Posts: 284 | Location: Orange, CA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote