THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Need identification of Win. mod. 94
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need identification of Win. mod. 94
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 1932 Win. carbine. it has a SRC simi cresent style stock, therefore its a Eastern carbine or perhaps the butt stock has been replaced, but it has apparently been on the gun for many years..Need some help on this one. Additionaly it has a a ramped front sight as opposed to a SRC type barrel sight. I have been told it is a transitional model and very rare?? but I'm thinking it could well be a parts gun also?? I have a original SRC barrel that is new and never been on a gun that would spice up this rifle nicely, but only if the barrel that's on it is not original.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41777 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, the tough questions go unanswered!! killpc

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41777 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Macs B
posted Hide Post
There is a marvelous new thing called a photogragh, when properly utilized it makes identification of oddities much simpler, without it, well it can be like playing 20 questions with your kid.

Macs B
U.S. Army Retired
Alles gut!

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 07 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You nailed it with marvelous new thing called a photograph..your talking to a marvelous old thing that can't, won't, to old to care about posting pictures! Smiler Smiler but hey I'll get it figured out the old timey way! fishing

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will give that a try, thanks Dane.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Went to the site and found the date for an 86 WinchesterGood to know my 86was made for smokeless.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It ends up I have one of the later Eastern Carbines and the barrel ramp sight indicates it was one of the later guns made towards the last of the Eastern and SRC rifles..Its a rare gun and would demand a good price to a collector except at some point in its life some nut decided to drill 4 holes in the frame for a side scope mount, so its a shooter..That said, its a very accurate rifle and has found a home in my saddle scabbard.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
some nut decided to drill 4 holes in the frame for a side scope mount

At one time they were all just working rifles and not collectors.

People get up set over modifications that make an owner happier with their firearms.

Just because it decreases the value now not so then.

I don't think I have a factory rifle in its original form I guess I shouldn't have glass bedded them nor put new stocks on them.

Because someday in the future some body well say I wish some one would not have glass bedded this rifle it be worth a lot more now.

Posts: 19326 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
e

Im aware of that..but even so I wish it had not been done to my rifle, but I purchased it anyway and because of it I got it much cheaper than I could have otherwise, so its not a real issue, just a minor disappointment. The way it shoots makes up for the holes however.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
You nailed it with marvelous new thing called a photograph..your talking to a marvelous old thing that can't, won't, to old to care about posting pictures! Smiler Smiler but hey I'll get it figured out the old timey way! fishing
I'm with you Atkinson, I'm just getting used to 33 rpm records and rotory telephones.

Posts: 25 | Location: eastern pa. | Registered: 03 February 2016Reply With Quote