Notify
Tools

1895 ? for DPDC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted
Dpcd,
I have been shopping for the best way to mount a sling swivel on the barrel of my Miroku made Winchester 1895 TD .405 WCF.
It seems that the front sight precludes the barrel ring from slipping onto the barrel.
I know from experience that the Uncle Mikes screw on product will move and not stay in position.

A split ring might slip on the muzzle end, but how to make it stay in place?

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions you may have.

And there is only one gun shop in the little East Texas town where I live and they are not an option.

Thanks,
CRS

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you could find a set a pachmyer set of
Sling mounts would be nice . They have to be drilled though .A slip on shotgun sling might work .I have used them on several guns .I need a sling for my teddy Roosevelt model 1895 405 also and I don't want to drill the stock .I use to have a muzzleloader sling that went around the barrel but was attached to a pad on the buttplate .

Posts: 2531 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
dgr416,
Thanks for the ideas.
My 1895 already has a sling stud in the butt, but nothing out front.
I do have a slip on shotgun sling and can fall back to that is necessary.
I will study on how to mount a stud on the barrel and do a bit more research.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Doesn't NEGC made barrel band for a sling?

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If you want to ask me a question, might PM me; just saw this by accident.
Talley, Rehhagel, and others, make barrel bands for slings; but the OP is asking how to get them on, over the front sight ramp.
Either remove the ramp, and re-solder it back on, or you can make a dove tail sling mount, or solder one on the barrel; you don't need the band to wrap completely around the barrel. Several ways to do it.

Posts: 17045 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
If you want to ask me a question, might PM me; just saw this by accident.
Talley, Rehhagel, and others, make barrel bands for slings; but the OP is asking how to get them on, over the front sight ramp.
Either remove the ramp, and re-solder it back on, or you can make a dove tail sling mount, or solder one on the barrel; you don't need the band to wrap completely around the barrel. Several ways to do it.

My response was for CRSHELTON. Thanks for your PM offer.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I wasn't talking to or about you; read the OP.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I wasn't talking to or about you; read the OP.

My Oh My is it your time of the month?

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, but I am always eager to set the record straight.
The OP asked me a question, (He even put that in the title) directly. I answered, to which you copied, and said that your response was for Shelton. I was not addressing your comment then, but I am now.
My answer was not meant for you; I was not sure why you copied and responded.
So, no, I am always like this. Precise. Correct. And making sure no one is confused.