Picture of crshelton
posted

Winchester 9422 Mag Xtra

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Very nice! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Cr,
What game have you taken with this rifle?

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Several paper targets at an indoor range . This was to determine which ammo shot best.
Federal Target won with sub minute of angle performance at 25, 50, 75. and 100 yards.

I have never hunted with the rifle but it should be a good small varmint buster.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive owned several of them but sold them when the price went sky high..Great Javalina, Turkey and coyote gun and up close the 22 magnum is a suitable deer gun under those condition, even for heart/lung shots..the Win. mod 61M was another great 22 magnum in its pump version..fun guns

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Ray,
My first rifle was a Model 61 and it is a great gun. I won a lot of turkey shoots with it and put down many a prairie dog.
Here is a pic of my grandson shooting it a few years ago. Of course he is 21 and has his own guns now.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I have a Marlin 57M, which is an adult size 22 magnum with a pretty short lever throw. Used it a bit on groundhogs before I made my 20 Tactical.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7753 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Here's another "real" lever action .22 WMR...although I'm not exactly sure a "real" what...

Real weird? Real different? Real mid-century modern? Any of the above answers would likely serve. This is a Sears Model 5M (their boutique offering of the Winchester Model 225). This thing was birthed after The Great Winchester Upheaval of 1964...and was gone about 1970. Lots of aluminum and plastic ('cause that was "modern" back then) and a stock evidently crafted out of discards from an apple box factory...

Still, the thing shoots well enough (despite its cheap, airgun grade sights) and it's got a passable trigger. Feeds and ejects, too. Not perfectly, but in the low 90th percentile.

I'd needed a new "beater" to ride on the UTV with me and this relic seems to be doing just fine!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 600 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have and really like a super accurate 5MM Remington, another great turkey, Javalina gun..but then so is the 22 L.R. fun guns.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote