THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    1:16 twist okay in 357 carbines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1:16 twist okay in 357 carbines?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I imagine it would allow some heavier bullets, and also work fine in revolvers, but will it overstabilise lighter bullets like 125 grainers at carbines high speeds?

I understand the theory of twist/bullet length/Speed/RPM's but just not sure where these things sit with 357 ….

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Been shooting .357 rifle and revolvers for years without knowledge of twist. I just figured S&W knew what they were doing.
For my 1892 .357 with 20 inch barrel, I just shoot what proved to work. 110 and 125 ammo shoots tiny groups. All weights up to 180 are OK for hunting so long as they are .357 loads and fast. Factory 38 Special loads are all too slow and will keyhole at 50 yards.

Sorry, but that is all I know.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was worth asking the question just to see those guns. very nice pic

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote