New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB- lyman 66LA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for an old steel Lyman 66LA receiver sight for a 336 markin. If you have one to sell please contact me. Thank you.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I wish that "Gun Digest" mag. still had their old format of ads from fellow shooters wanting to buy + sell instead of the current trend of articles that no one wants to read. Sorry. My point was that there used to be a guy in the Dallas Tx. area that had tang + receiver sights + from who I bought a few, but I don't recall his name anymore. Have you tried a google search?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still looking, 66A or 66LA.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I'm bidding and some times buying Redfield receiver sights Winchester lever actions most specifically Winchester 1895s. Ebay has one or two per month at a reasonable price. The difficulty I'm have is finding a gunsmith to drill and tap the receiver.

I believe that the Redfield for the Winchester will work for the Marlin. Make a deal with you buy all the new expensive ones and leave the cheep ones for me.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No competition from me on the redfields. Good luck on your bidding.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kda55:
No competition from me on the redfields. Good luck on your bidding.

Thanks! I like the blued steel of the Redfields, they go better with the blued steel of the Winchesters.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote