THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Marlin Golden Mounty .22 lr (WANTED)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Golden Mounty .22 lr (WANTED)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
I would love to find a pristine Marlin Golden Mounty .22lr rifle that is for sale. My youngest son had one when he was a kid, that he let get away, and has wanted one ever since. He is now 55 years old and I would like to find one to give him for his birthday.
Anybody here have one they can part with?

……………………………………………………... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Mac,

You might want to also post this on the Marlin owners forum. There's a lot of traffic in they're classified section.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cougarz:
Mac,

You might want to also post this on the Marlin owners forum. There's a lot of traffic in they're classified section.

Thanks! I'll give it a pass through and see what they have there!
………………………………………………………………...Mac old

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Prices will probably be a bit higher, but look through Gunbroker and similar sites. I found a rather pristine model on Gunbroker about two years ago. There are 9 on Gunbroker right now.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. I too, wanted a Mountie but was unwilling to pay the price many were asking. Fortune smiled on me when I walked into a local gun store and lo and behold there in the rack was a used Mountie. Trying to see the price which I thought was approaching 4 figures, I asked to look at it knowing I wasn't going to pay "that much".

The rifle had a Williams 5D sight and sported a price $139.95. The rifle had a chunk on butt plate missing but was in NRA VG condition. I asked what was wrong with the rifle and the owner pointed out some "idiot" drilled and tapped the barrel with two holes on the barrel just forward of the receiver, and two more holes just the rear of the rear sight. Being a shooter I nearly tore my hip pocket off getting my wallet out. I noticed the top of the receiver was not drilled a tapped for a scope mount. It is my understanding Marlin made some of these rifle for a scope mount which went on the barrel. Great shooting rifle and hope you have some of my luck, your son will love the gift and thought.

Swift, Silent, & Friendly

Posts: 426 | Location: Nevada | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Good luck mac. I still have my model 39 that I bought from Jack McBride himself at McBrides Guns here in Austin in the mid 70's for $120.00. I would'nt part with that sweet little 22 for love nor money.If you can find that Mountie,that will make one fabulous present!!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Good luck mac. I still have my model 39 that I bought from Jack McBride himself at McBrides Guns here in Austin in the mid 70's for $120.00. I would'nt part with that sweet little 22 for love nor money.If you can find that Mountie,that will make one fabulous present!!

I know what you mean! I just sent off a check for one from a gun man in New York, and it was considerable more than $120.00 but was far less than most I have come across lately. In this case it was a bargain compared to most I've seen for sale.
I can't wait to see the look on my 55 yr old youngest sons face on his birthday. He had one when he was only 18, and let it get away. He has regretted ever since. He doesn't know it is coming!

………………………………………….. old

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years back I bought a few of the Martini BSA 22s from a member here that brought them in from Britain. One little sweet one had a bull bbl. + an ammo holder on the side of the stock. I D+T it+ put on a little Leupold 6 X. My grandson at the time was 9 years old + I told him how these things work is you get your 1st 22 rifle when you're 10. He kinda rolled his eyes + said "Well,I'm ALMOST 10".

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I've had a Mountie for many years. I think I paid $75 for it from my now ex father in law.

It's still on duty as my back yard coyote rifle. flame

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2792 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote