Find
Notify
Tools

Old School Tom
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted
Being overly desperate for affection can lead to problems...as this lovesick tom discovered too late this morning. Used to see the same foolish behavior at the Broken Spoke on Wednesday nights back in the '70s in Austin!

Shout-out to Ben and Meredith Taylor of Rafter T Bullets in Coleman, TX: one of their cast .32-20 slugs out of this vintage Marlin 1894 accounted for this one.

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Nice going. Big Grin

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2790 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
nice bird and nice shooter!

Posts: 5697 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking Tom and Rifle.

Posts: 10791 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
218, you wouldn't recognize "The Broken Spoke "these days. Highrises all around taking over the parking lot + James White passed a few months ago. It is NOT the same old Austin.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
218, you wouldn't recognize "The Broken Spoke "these days. Highrises all around taking over the parking lot + James White passed a few months ago. It is NOT the same old Austin.

Hasn't been in years...and why I don't go back!

You know, I worked for James and his wife, Annetta, in the 1970-71 timeframe. Saw them years later at a mutual friends funeral...good folks.

And I danced many a mile at the Spoke!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Indeed! I have danced many a mile on that dancefloor as well + enjoyed their "wop Burger" in the dining room up front. And you are right, Austin is not the same anymore. Don't come back, it will only disappoint you. In the words of Thomas Wolfe, "You can never go home again." What a pity.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Austin is a liberal hideout, filled to the gills with Liberals...kids selling dope on the streets..Its sick, and few native sons of Texas live there anymore, just folks from LA..

I have to visit Texas every year, Dallas, Houston, and near Austin, then to far West Texas where I was raised..West Texas has changed as well, but don so dramatically as central, south, and the Hill country..

It bothers this native son, who genes go back to the early 1800s..a true native son living in Idaho, where the buzzards breed the chickens and nobody cares..love it here, but I see a change coming.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41814 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote