Find
Notify
Tools

BLR in 257 Roberts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
A couple years ago this fall my brother passed away, before he passed he was the victim of a burglary and some guns were stolen.
I was recently contacted by the County Sheriff to pick up a couple of the recovered firearms, one was a nice BLR in 257 Roberts that we were surprised to get back.
Any idea what these are worth in todays market?

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Accuratereloading.com The Accurate Reloading Forums THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS Rifles Lever Action Rifles BLR in 257 Roberts

IN prime condition Ive seen them for $675 to 800.

The are hard to find, and really a nice gun.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sold one in 284 last winter for $1000.00 with a Leupold VXIII. It was not NIB, but close to 100%.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks
I have BLR's in .358 Win and 257 Roberts that I will be selling, both very nice.
I appreciate the feedback.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
those two caliber are the most sought after, so they should sell in a hurry if priced right, These days with state of the union, Im not sure what priced right means anymore, its certainly changing and jumping around..crazy times, pre 64 win. at our gun show in 06 and 270 asking $650, a .308 for $1300. and didn't sell? go figure.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Millenials don't care about Pre-64 anything.

Same as Browning Safari Grades. I see them all over for sale for several thousand dollars in "rare" calibers.

What will happen when your generation is gone to those prices?

Ray as your classmates take off for the happy hunting ground, the prices of those rifles will tank.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The BLR in 257 Roberts is quite rare, as is the 222. I would try to get $1000 out of if can be patient.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3271 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The also come in the 250-3000 Id love one of those.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
The .358 BLR will go up for sale the .257 Roberts has become the interest of my oldest son.