New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rings and bases 94/22m
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am considering scoping a newly acquired 94/22m. Never having done this before which rings and bases should I use? Thanks in advance. It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
My 9422M has a scope, but I am too tired now from a day of hog hunting to pull it from the safe to look.
Maybe tomorrow?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After an excuse like that, I will gladly wait. Did you reduce the hog population? Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
My 9422M is a Winchester and has a grooved receiver... so I have regular weaver 1" rings for a grooved receiver... and it wears a 4x weaver duplex scope... rear ring has been anchored with a roll pin, drilled thru it into the top of the receiver...if I ever decide to remove scope and shoot irons, it goes back to zero...Tip Burns did that for me..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2827 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jerry, Thanks for your patience. Yes we had a blast and all hunters shot the hogs they wanted.
Though I plan a post on AR, here is a sneak peek for you that was posted by one of the hunters on Leverguns.com
http://www.levergunscommunity....c5f5c85e280942fd055a
Now the Winchester 9422M scope. Yes, the receiver is grooved for a scope mount but my mounts do not have a name stamped on them.
The Tasco scope came with the rifle some years ago at an estate sale and I planned to replace it with a "better" one, but after the rifle shot minute of angle groups, I decided not to change a thing.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to check and see if the receiver is grooved or not. I recently acquired 2 Model 94s one in 7x30 Waters that was scoped and the 22 magnum with open sights. These are the first Model 94s that I have ever had and I have a lot to learn. Both look like fun to play with and I have an unused Zeiss Conquest to go on the.22 magnum. Maybe that is too much scope, but that is what I have. Jerry Hoover

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CRS, I checked the Leverguns posting and all I can is WOW! Nice work and if you ever need someone to go along, I am available. Being retired has its perks and I also have a Ruger 96/44 that hasn't killed anything for a while. Jerry Hoovee

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
I will add you to the list.
It seems that Fred's write up of part of the hunt has generated considerable interest in participating in the hounds and hogs game.
I have friends in Arizona, NY and Colorado presently planning to come on down - reckon their cold weather has anything to do with it?

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a native Nebrkaskan, I sure it does. The only things I miss about Nebraska are Husker football and pheasant hunting. Where did you kill all those hogs? I would rather hunt hogs than deer. Jerry Hoover

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
We shot tem at a hog hunting preserve called The Boars Nest in Kenefic, Oklahoma, just a few miles north of the Red River.

1549-1551 Cooper Creek Rd, Kenefic, OK 74748
Link: <https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.188837,-96.400117&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&ll=34.18787,-96.398259&spn=0.004997,0.007371&z=17>

The place has been there for decades and some of my friends have been shooting hogs there for 20 years.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked my Model 94/22m has a grooved receiver. Any more recommendations on rings? I want to shoot it soon. Thanks again in advance. Jerry Hoover

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did some research on the net and it looks like Talleys are the way to go. It looks like I will order some on Monday. Varmints beware! Jerry Hoover

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Midway USA and ordered a set of Talley's. The more I think
about it the more I think a used Zeiss 9x9 Conquest might go better on the7x30 Waters and the low powered Zeiss will be better on the 94/22mag. What says the 'Fire. As stated before Model 94's are new to me and 2new toys are fun to play with. Suggestions are always appreciated. It ain't the way it used to be,, but it will do! Jerry Hoover

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a set of Talley ring from Midway and it seemed to be an easy solution .The scope I have and wanted to use was a Zeiss Conquest 1.8 to 5 as it was I have on hand. The hammer interferes. With mounting of the scope not to mention cocking the hammer. It does not look like a hammer extension will solve the problem. What have you done and what scope did you use on your Model 9422 to solve this problem? At my age,open sights are not an option. I am all ears. It ain't the way it used to, but it will do. Jerry Hoover

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
The hammer extension works on my 9422M.

Be sure to post pix of your completed project.

DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of scope is that on your rifle you posted? Although I am not going to be happy if I must buy another scope, trades are always a possibility. It ain't the way it it used to be,but it will do. Jerry Hoover

one of us
posted Hide Post
shop around and find a used 2-3/4 or 3X Leupold or Weaver, I had a Leupold Alaskan in Buehler rings and bases on my 22 Win. WRF but sold them with the gun..the scope and mounts were worth more than the gun it appears!! faint

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried 2 different scopes on my Model 94/22m and the hammer will not allow the scopes to be mounted and function. I saw that CR Shelton's has a hammer spur. There is a hammer spur on my Model 94 XTR and it does not interfere with the scope. So I guess I am stuck with a hammer spur unless someone else has a better idea. It ain't the way it used to be, but it will do. Jerry Hoover