THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Winchester Trails end TD .450 Marlin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Trails end TD .450 Marlin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks. Happy New year.

How are the WinM94 Trails End Take-down regarded in the leveraction community? Good/bad/ strong/accurate Etc.

I have found one here in EU(online shop) that has one with full length magazine(20"). I have sort of grow found of these.

The seller also have a similar one in .38-55

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 4sixteen
posted Hide Post
The model 94 has its following and I've owned one myself (but prefer Marlin and Browning lever rifles). If you like the .450 Marlin in a lever takedown you might consider the Browning BLR. I have one in .358 Winchester and really like it.

https://www.americanrifleman.o...ction-in-450-marlin/

https://www.browning.com/produ...inless-takedown.html

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jens poulsen:
Hi Folks. Happy New year.

How are the WinM94 Trails End Take-down regarded in the leveraction community? Good/bad/ strong/accurate Etc.

I have found one here in EU(online shop) that has one with full length magazine(20"). I have sort of grow found of these.

The seller also have a similar one in .38-55

The japanese made guns are very high quality. The only thing I do not like about them is the tang safety. I have japanese takedowns in a 94 30-30, 1895 30-06 and 1886 45/70 and all are very nice. I also have a turnbull made 92 takedown in 44-40, this started as a japanese winchester.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!.

The Browning BLR TD is neat.

In regards to the Win.94 in 450Marlin. My only objection is that its ported. Never liked muzzlebrakes. I`d rather suck-up recoil or go smaller. Well a gunsmith could make a new barrel easely.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I had a Timber Carbine in .444 that was ported. I always wore ear protection at the range and can say I never noticed it being louder than anything else shooting at game. Standing next to it might be a different story.

Posts: 5690 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Magna Porting has been good for me to reduce muzzle jump.
I have not noticed any increase in sound level.

My daughter uses the muzzle brake on her Weatherby at the range, but removes it when hunting.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That TD is cool. 2.5x28 Leupold Scout Scopt? I have the same on my .44 mag take own lever action

Scrummy

Posts: 129 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 11 December 2013Reply With Quote