Find
Notify
Tools

Saddle gun woes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
well, we just disagree. No worries. I could never get used to roping right any more than I can get used to using a left-handed bolt action.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Pretty hard to rope heels on the turn left handed. The cow is moving away from the loop. Roping on the second or third jump on a straight line pull, no difference is what I observed.
Saddle scabbards; I liked the 94's and 336's right side, butt back ready to draw from the saddle or on the dismount. tying them in is a good idea when your horse is lunging up a steep incline. Butt forward is more secure overall I would say for that reason and also, you can simply see it and thus manage disasters. Rolling in a bog or in my brothers case, down the canyon to hang up with horse stuck in the oak brush just feet from the slick rim, rifle damage is hard to avoid. Never could load a deer on that horse again. A couple of boys made a bad mistake on that day.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote