THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Want to install sling studs on a Browning 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to install sling studs on a Browning 71
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Browning replica of the Winchester 71. Is there a source for sling studs for the model 71's?

Posts: 134 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 24 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
If the magazine tube diameter is the same size as a model 94 then Uncle Mikes would be one source.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The magazine tube is larger, about .75 inch dia.

Posts: 134 | Location: Western Washington | Registered: 24 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
I went ahead and put a post in the fore end cap and mounted it that way.
There is a larger kit but it may be too big?
https://www.cheaperthandirt.co...31-2-043699133123.do

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple barrel band options:

for .750 and slightly smaller:

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...-swivels-steel-black

For .750 and bigger:

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...l-stud-1-steel-black

Installing one in the end cap is worth considering as well, as mentioned as are flush mount QD swivels:

Best of luck in whichever way you choose!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Ullman precision,very nice stud sets that will handle any Uncle Mike style quick release swivels

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would install a barrel band swivel and a standard butt swivel like a talley..ONe of the known companies has a screw on barrel band swivel, but I wouldn't opt for one of them they don't work well..A soldered on barrel band swivel works real well..If you don't want to resolder the front sight then cut a 1/4 inch out of the top of the band and slide it on and solder it.

The neatest I have had done was to use both a NECG barrel band swivel and a NECG barrel band front ramp and desired bead, it sure looked slick.

My present Browning has no sling, I am more or less anti sling on a lever action hunting rifle, as its not used to shoot with, only carrying, I carry a piece of cotton rope if I need to sling it to carry out a hind quarter or a deer..

Just my two bits, but I like a hunting rifle at ready in my hands at all times in the field. Its never been a problem with me.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A simple solution is to get a sling that requires no hardware.
I made one for a rifle that has a slot in front that goes around the barrel, and a it is secured around the wrist with lather stitching.
There are places that sell these.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote