THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Bucket list achievment - '76 (clone)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket list achievment - '76 (clone)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted
Today I got to look at and fill out the paperwork for an Uberti 1876 Winchester carbine clone, something I have been looking for for quite a while. This one is a .45-60 WCF, and with the nice smooth new barrel I'm looking forward to mostly running BP and straight lead thru it - carbine buttplates are much more friendly than those dang awful silly no-good painful crescents. Anybody else out there having fun with a '76?

Posts: 964 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
No, but I keep being tempted by them. Somehow, 50-95 black powder loads just seem like fun.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Briefly had one of the NWMP models in .45-75. Wish I still had it. Just a beautiful piece of design and gunmaking.
Have fun with yours!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
How does Uberti stack up for quality?are they worth the money,sorry if I am a little of topic.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Mostly I have been very satisfied with the quality of Uberti rifles and revolvers. I had a few problems with the Colt Richards-Mason conversion revolvers I owned, and also a minor problem with a pair of 1872 Open-Top Colt revolvers. Their percussion revolvers have been great for me too. I've been quite happy with their S&W Schofield and Colt Bisley replicas. Also all of the rifles of theirs I have owned over the years have been very satisfactory: '66, '73 and now the '76 Winchester (though I haven't actually shot the '76 yet), a recent Hi-Wall in 45-70, and an 1883 Colt Burgess that I should never have parted with.

Worth the money? Well, I think so, given the oddball-ness of all this stuff and the fact that I have been able to actually shoot these things instead of sticking them in a collector's safe. Since I'm a BP junkie I also love, love, love the way their barrels clean up so easily.

Posts: 964 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill73:
How does Uberti stack up for quality?are they worth the money,sorry if I am a little of topic.

Uberti is the brand of choice in the Cowboy action Shooting community. And, they get shot more there than in several lifetimes of hunting or plinking for the average guy. I have a 1866 carbine in 44-40 by Uberti shot 10 years with it in CAS with blackpowder loads and I have a Colt Peacemaker clone in 45, that I have played with but not shot alot. I have been very happy with the fit, finish and accuracy of the ones I own. I am positive the 76 would be as well made.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Thank you both.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote