THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    JM Marlin? could someone educate me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JM Marlin? could someone educate me?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
could someone educate me on the "JM" Marlin thing?

thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JM is the trade mark of guns made under The John Marlin Company.It can be stamped on the upper left or right hand side of the barrel close to the receiver depending on when it was made.After Remington(actually Cerbus?) bought out Marlin they moved manufacturer to Ilion New York.It was a disaster as they did not keep any Marlin employees to run the machinery which was antiquated and you need a skill set to make it make a good product.The result was(is?)a substandard product .Many Marlin Aficionados will only buy a Marlin with the JM stamp on the barrel as they know the quality is good(me too).

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
JM is the trade mark of guns made under The John Marlin Company.It can be stamped on the upper left or right hand side of the barrel close to the receiver depending on when it was made.After Remington(actually Cerbus?) bought out Marlin they moved manufacturer to Ilion New York.It was a disaster as they did not keep any Marlin employees to run the machinery which was antiquated and you need a skill set to make it make a good product.The result was(is?)a substandard product .Many Marlin Aficionados will only buy a Marlin with the JM stamp on the barrel as they know the quality is good(me too).

thanks, I understand now

One of Us
posted Hide Post
new ones are called REMLINS. they suk

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
new ones are called REMLINS. they suk

What He said... true dat! Think pre and post 64 winchesters. JM Marlin = pre 64 and Remlin or Lemonington = post 64.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote