THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Remington/Marlin Customer Service is Fantastic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington/Marlin Customer Service is Fantastic
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently bought a new M1895 Guide Gun that had an issue where the action would bind.

Remington's customer service was outstanding. I went on Marlin's website and filled out their repair form and they opened a service ticket and then sent me an email with a link to schedule a UPS pickup. UPS picked up the rifle on 11/22 on Remington's dime, it was delivered to their service facility on 11/27, and I received it back today. It was an improperly fitted lever which they fixed. They then test fired it, cleaned the bore, lubed it, and returned it to me according to the paperwork they sent with the rifle.

Remington catches a lot of hell for the Marlin acquisition but their customer service in my case was absolutely outstanding. Very impressed with their commitment to making things right and keeping customers happy.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
It should be, they get lots of practice. shocker rotflmo

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Good to hear of your experience with them.

After they were bought by the freedom group everything pretty much went to hell. Last I heard they were on the rocks financially. Their management seems to have done everything possible to chase away their customers.

A few years back I bought a Marlin 1895 GBL 45-70. From the factory it shot low now matter how high the rear site was set. I called the service line and they told me it needed a higher sight ladder which they sent at no charge. That's been my only experience with them. I do have a Remington 700 XCR with the trigger recall but I refuse to send it in. I didnt want another one of their cheesy triggers as a replacement.

Hopefully they get their act together in the future. It would be bad to see these two long standing American manufacturers go under.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a new Marlin, sights were installed at angels to each other. Called customer service, they insisted it had to go from Seattle to Wild West Guns in Alaska for repair. Remington paid to have it send overnight to Alaska. Wild West Guns called, said they couldn't fix it, and were sending it to Remington next day service.

Remington received it, "repaired" it, and next day shipped it back to Wild West Guns, they next day shipped it back to me.

Much to my surprise Remington had failed to repair the rifle, and had simply cleaned the unfired rifle.

I decided to part ways with the rifle at that point, but a nice Remington customer service guy did send me a free Wingmaster stock and forend.

Remington seems to be very hit or miss.

Posts: 91 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: 15 February 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
It's really sad to hear these stories.

I had a customer bring a new Rem 700 BDL into the shop with the rifle in one hand, the front sight in his other hand. Evidently, the sight was wobbly loose out of the box, an attempt to snug down the one visible screw resulted in a sheared screw head.

I thought "no problem, get the broken screw out of the barrel, find out what is going on with the forward screw (under the dovetailed blade), replace sight- done."

Customer was in a hurry, chose not to send it back to Remlin for repairs, so I agreed to the repair as his timeline was short.

Nope, the "new" front sight has no dovetail. The front ramp and blade are all one piece. What used to be the forward screw is now a short post with no threads, which merely falls into the threaded hole in the barrel! You are left with a short 6-48 screw and 3 threads to hold the front sight in place. By the way, the original screw was too long, which caused it to bottom out in the hole and shear.

All this on a rifle with an MSRP of $999. I love some of Remington's old products, but this latest display of "engineering" left me disgusted.

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 592 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
3584ELK,

Do you have a shop in Federal Way? I ask because I've been looking for a decent gunsmith in the area.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote