THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Ammunition preference of Winchester 9422M?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition preference of Winchester 9422M?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just took a quick look at 22 RFM ammunition availability on Ammoseek. Among lower priced brands do Winchester 9422M rifles tend to prefer brands and/or particular bullet shapes for accuracy?

Among all of the 22 RFM ammunition brands and bullet shapes, do 9422Ms tend to have a preference best accuracy?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
My 9422M shoots all WRM ammo well but prefers Federal, which it shoots sub minute of angle.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Most .22's seem to be a law unto themselves. You just have to try several brands and find out what your rifle likes in my experience.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
What crshelton says for me and my 9422m(magnum), although CCI 22 mag ammo also works great. When it comes to my 9422, as well as my Browning BLR 22s, they shoot Federal and most others fine as well, but also like CCI. I do find issues, however, with some semi-auto 22 rifles and semi-auto 22 pistols. As an example, my Walther PPK/S 22 prefers CCI Mini mags in order to not jam. Same with my Browning semi-auto rifles. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve always preferred the CCIammo through mine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Id call that a try and see..All rifles differ as to what they eat Eeker ..they are an enity unto themselves...This is mostly true on 22 L.R. but all guns have preferences..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41741 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote