New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is this varmint?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Coming up in an estate sale, has no markings or serial number, center fire...

When could a rifle with no markings have been put on the market?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might be a Mexican made Win 1873 clone.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
Might be a Mexican made Win 1873 clone.

Sure looks inspired by a '73, but instead of the raised sideplates they integrated them more into the receiver.

I'm afraid to handle anything that goes "Bang!" without markings, at least a serial number, so here's the auction, they have clearer pictures but little info.

https://www.marknetlive.com/lo...og/28039/lot/4268077

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who knows without markings, I could be a fake made in Mexico, they have some damn good gunsmiths that can copy anything...but usually copy markings as well..Maybe a good US gunsmith could copy it and most would not add markings..It could be anything from a one of kind out of the factory and worth a bloody fortune or a worthless piece of junk that should not be shot..I would no take the gamble myself..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote