THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Uberti 1866 Yellowboy REAR SIGHT advice needed!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uberti 1866 Yellowboy REAR SIGHT advice needed!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Fellas!

Hopefully I can get some advice here. My new Uberti 1866 came with crappy rear sights that I want to replace. I ordered a Marble's Flip Up Sight but it doesn't fit. It is a 3/8" dovetail and it is too big for the groove. I measured the sight base that is on the gun and it is 3.4" on my caliper.

I looked and can't seem to find this base size. If I can find one, I want a simple, flip up rear sight

Any suggestions for me??

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:
Hello Fellas!

Hopefully I can get some advice here. My new Uberti 1866 came with crappy rear sights that I want to replace. I ordered a Marble's Flip Up Sight but it doesn't fit. It is a 3/8" dovetail and it is too big for the groove. I measured the sight base that is on the gun and it is 3.4" on my caliper.

I looked and can't seem to find this base size. If I can find one, I want a simple, flip up rear sight

Any suggestions for me??

My 66 is at least 10 years old and the 19 inch barreled saddle ring gun. The rear sight is a L shape, one side a shallow V and the other side a peep. On my gun you can flip the sight up or down and change from the V to the peep. I don't know if they have different rear sights for different barrel lengths and different styles. But, sounds like mine is quite different than yours. If that is the case, you may be able to contact Taylor & Company (cowboy Action Shooters Uberti dealer) and buy a sight that is more your liking that fits the dovetail.

https://taylorsfirearms.com/?S...931b6c4b02b79919b20c

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote