New
Find
Notify
Tools

Value of .375 M94 Big Bore?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an unfired except by factory pristine M94 Big Bore in .375 Win still with hang tag on it. No box. I don’t know what to do with it I don’t want to shoot it. Bluing and checkering is amazing. Any idea what a rifle like this is worth? Is it collectible or a shooter. They seem to be pretty rare.

Thanks for any info

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one too.
but without the tag, and I've shot it.
airc I paid like 750$ for mine, but it's been about 10 years now.

I'm sure they are collectible [shrug]

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah looking online maybe $1500-2000? Apparently there are a few floating around

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Yeah looking online maybe $1500-2000? Apparently there are a few floating around

Out of the BIG BORE 94's it was the one most chambered, that being said, I believe the number was les than 4,000. The 356 and 307 were less with the 356 around 2500 and the 307 under 2000.

If yours has no crossbolt safety it is worth more than the later version with the crossbolt.

Here is an old writeup on the Big Bores for more info;

https://www.chuckhawks.com/win_94_big-bore.html

Posts: 5691 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
The early model should be stronger than the angle-eject, too, though strength is less of a problem in the .375.

The 307 and 356W would make me worry, though, in an action with metal removed. Spruiked and factory-loaded like rimmed 308 and 358Ws, somehow that confidence did not make it to Winchester's reloading tables at the turn of this century.

However, I've heard of shooters using the older rimless cartridges in their 94s and being chuffed that they fed and ejected just well.

You would not want to buy one of those rifles! So, maybe in the long run, this will leave the early .375 rifles seen as the safer option and more collectable.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote