Find
Notify
Tools

Value range
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
I have a lead on a 1937 manufactured Winchester Model 71. Show some bluing wear, but not much. Bore is very, very good. It is the standard model with original metal butt plate. Rear and front sight are stock. No additional holes drilled. Trying to get an idea of what these are goi g for now days. Thank you for your input.

Mike

Posts: 21096 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
One (1936) just recently sold here in AR Firearms Classifieds for $1500.00. However, there were posters who subsequently indicated that it was sold at below value. Might check it out if you haven't already.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the wear is going to dictate the value as much as anything.
15-1800 would be in the ball park though.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already done so, you should check GunBroker and Guns International, as well as other online auction sites.

They will give you a good idea of asking prices and, in some cases, actual selling prices.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found $1200 to $1500 will get you a pretty nice 71, but depending on condition and year of manufacturer, the long tang early guns will fetch a
a good deal more and in collector condition a whole bunch more. the win. built in peep adds a few hundred bucks to a 71, as does the deluxe grade a lot more..

Better know your business when buying a 71, even a junker will fetch $800 or more these days.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
In my area you would be doing good to find one for less than $1,800. Most stores and gun show dealers are wanting $2,200+.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote