New
Find
Notify
Tools

spanish "Tigre"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone here have any experience with them? I have heard of them, and one just recently came up for sale in my area. It appears very good condition. Almost too good like it has been totally re-blued and the stock refinnished. I am not really looking for collector quality, and already have a 92 chambered in the same. (This one is actually in better condition from what I have seen in the pictures).
Internet searches show they are basically a Spanish copy-cat of the Winchester 92, all of them in 44-40. Supposed to be well made, although I am not crazy on the military style back site.
The price is right. Anything I need to ask before buying? issues?

Posts: 177 | Location: Brooks, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I handled one several years ago and it seemed to be a fairly decent rifle, I didn't shoot it though. If as you say the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Steve......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
El Tigre, a knockoff of the win md 92....They are an excellent gun and clone the mod. 92 win to a T..

Its been awhile but it seems to me the El Tigre was built on contract for some So. American country, so it may well be an original Win..

They were a dime a dozen and sold second hand in magazines like perhaps outdoor life or whatever at a very low price, inported..I had one and there were quit a few for sale in shops and sporting goods in the 1940 to perhaps 1950??

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote