New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Model 53 .32-20 WCF
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To my surprise I won an auction for a Browning Model 53 in .32-20 WCF. If that wasn’t enough I won an auction for a Cimarron Model P Jr in the same caliber. Now I need to get a mold that will work for both guns. Any suggestions?

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Since you saved a lot of $ by winning those rifles, maybe you can now buy the Miroku/Winchester 1895 in .405 WCF you also want. ?

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vlwtx348
posted Hide Post
I also have a Browning 53 and Cimarron Model P, Jr (.32 mag/.32 WCF)

I have a Lyman Mould, but can't remember which one. I think it's a 311008 115 gr.

I haven't cast for either gun , yet. I have so many cast bullets already and haven't used them up.

I suggest you try a few cast bullets, then buy the mould for the one that gives you best results

I load HV rounds using 100 gr Hornady XTP for the rifle. Impressive little game round.
Not suitable for use in the revolver, though.

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Browning Model 53 in .32-20 WCF

Very nice and great wood
I agree buy several different cast 32-20 cal bullets and load and test before you buy a mold.
Look up the Marlin Forum under 32-20 for additional info.
Enjoy
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Truly a handsome little rifle (and I'm jealous as hell about the P Jr.!). I've got one of these little darlings myself and it's a keeper: beautiful, smooth and puts it's little cast slugs where I'm looking. Hearing protection might be helpful with the P Jr. but my 53 isn't much noisier than a big air gun!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Model 53.The only bad thing about it is the trigger pull.I wish I knew how to get it down to about 2 1/2 pounds from 4 3/4 pounds.That sucker really ejects brass into the next county.I bought some 115 grain RNFP from Midway that it seems to like.At the price they charge for 500 in does not pay for me to cast my own.I am using 10 grains of IMR 4227 with small rifle primers.I am going to try 4.2 grains of Unique with Small Pistol primers.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My .32-20 is a Marlin 1894. The bullet I use is from a RCBS mould they call a SWC. It is actually more like a flat round nose. It feeds and shoots very well. If you try to get a lot of velocity your brass may not last very long as a lot of it is quite thin. Starline brass seems to be the best if you are looking for velocity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Now that's a fun pair to play with! Very, very nice!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote