Tools

Valuation views?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,
Gotta be curious.
Have a look at this, please.

Does anyone have a view on the value of the rifle?
Yes, sorry, I know the text is in Finnish.
It's supposed to be some commemorative model of the Winchester mod. 1886 in .45/70 Gov't. Apparently, a thousand of these have been made. no furher details as to the claim.
The ad states that the authenticity of the claim cannot be verified so I am merely curious.

- Lars/Finland

A.k.a. Bwana One-Shot

Posts: 552 | Location: Finland | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Found What would the price be in American$$? Btw I am half Finn. My mothers maiden name was Saari

Found answer; 948.36 USD US Dollar. 1.19. €800.00 = $948.36

If that right I would buy it in a heartbeat.
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/...&Sort=13&PageSize=24

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep the ink on the check would be smoking at under a thousand dollars for a Winchester 86.

I think I paid about 1200 American dollars [after tax and all] for my Browning 86 and couldn't get it up to the counter fast enough.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
That is a great deal.

I've been looking at a stainless engraved 1886 in a store for a few years now...I think elk on one side of the receiver and grizzly bears on the other side. 1 of 3000 made and they are firm at wanting $2500 usd for the rifle.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Id value it at between $2500 and $3000 American dollars, and wouldn't surprise me if it would sell for much more or perhaps less, based on a hands on inspection and investigation to see what we actually have here...Judging the picture and basic value of an 86 Win., year of production or if its a Browning or knockoff...Hard to say.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The picture clearly shows that it is a Winchester (USRAC), Miroku rifle. Not a Browning. But made at the same place.

Posts: 17046 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In which case Id probably try and get $2500 to $3000 for it and be ready to consider offers..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote