New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 71 Deluxe forend cap
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a line on a Winchester 71 Deluxe forend cap with the sling mount on it? The usual places don’t have any

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hard to find as hens teeth. About 20 years ago, I bought a set of Dakota sling swivel bases and had a very good gunsmith (now retired with Parkinson’s) take my Browning 71 forend cap and recreate the original deluxe Win version. He installed one in the butt, as well, but the pre-64 Supergrade Model 70 unit was used on the original 71 butts. My brother ended up with that Browning, and he eventually sold it. Wish I had claimed first right of refusal when I gave it to him.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3282 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will probably have the smith just make one up

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tig a piece of metal on your forend cap and shape it to specs..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41791 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote