THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEVER ACTION RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Lever Action Rifles    Marlin warranty on 1895 Guide gun 45/70?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin warranty on 1895 Guide gun 45/70?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I have a Marlin 1895 G, 45/70 Guide gun, fairly new production less that 40 rounds (factory) down the barrel.
The buttstock is showing a split
How is Marlin about dealing with warranty issues or am I on my own here.
Pretty sure I can fix it with bedding and epoxy but would prefer factory attention if they are willing to give it.
Any insight from this group?
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure either but Marlin is a good company + I would assume they would make it right for you depending on its purchase age. Keep us posted; It's always good to know how different companies' customer service works.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is their warranty on their current page:

Warranty

The Marlin Firearms Company (“Marlin”) warrants to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) of a new firearm from Marlin that such firearm shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of five (5) years from the date of original purchase. Marlin, in its sole discretion, shall repair or replace the firearm if the Purchaser submits a valid warranty claim in accordance with these instructions. If Marlin opts to replace the firearm, Marlin will keep the firearm that it replaces. The Purchaser’s remedies under this warranty are limited to repair or replacement of the firearm; Marlin will not provide cash, credit, or refund nor will Marlin return any parts that it replaced. For avoidance of doubt, this warranty does not apply to or cover any defects associated with any on-gun, or off-gun, part or accessory that Marlin includes with your firearm that (a) is capable of being readily detached and, or, replaced, (b) bears the name of a brand other than Marlin, or (c) includes any glass or electronic component. Marlin does not warrant against any type of defect to the firearm that Marlin did not cause, including but not limited to damage or defects arising out of:

1. Failure to provide proper care and maintenance,

2. Accidents, abuse, or misuse,

3. Barrel obstruction,

4. Hand-loaded, reloaded, or improper ammunition,

5. Unauthorized adjustments, repairs, or modifications, or

6. Normal wear and tear.

Additionally, MARLIN EXCLUDES AND WILL NOT PAY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES UNDER THIS WARRANTY. INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE MEANS ANY LOSS, EXPENSE, OR OTHER DAMAGE THAT CANNOT BE REMEDIED BY EITHER REPAIRING ANY DEFECT IN THE FIREARM OR BY REPLACING THE FIREARM. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Furthermore, no individual or entity other than Marlin possesses the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers, or exclusions under this warranty. Marlin’s obligations under this warranty shall not apply to the extent that any law, regulation, or other governmental requirements prohibits the repair, replacement and, or, return of a firearm to the person who shipped the firearm to Marlin. The Purchaser, in order to achieve eligibility under this warranty, must complete and submit the product registration card included with the firearm (or register the firearm online at https://www.marlinfirearms.com...arranty-registration within thirty (30) days of purchase. The Purchaser, upon discovering a defect in material or workmanship in the firearm, shall contact Marlin at:

The Marlin Firearms Company
PO Box 1871
Madison, North Carolina 27025-1871

Telephone: 800-544-8892
Fax: 338-548-7801

Marlin, upon receiving the Purchaser's correspondence or phone call, shall provide instructions to the Purchaser governing the manner in which to return the firearm for repair or replacement.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thank you
I will be in touch with them.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
im the last month I had a remlin .44mag lock up, I sent it in and they fixed the problem and even replaced he buttstock.i was pleased with the results.call them them first.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
my 1895 was a late JM pre Remington stock snapped right at grip Remington all but laughed at me when I asked for a replacement about 3 years ago. People on this site ask me, " why I expected Remington to replace something they did not make?"

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your help and opinions.
I just got off the phone with a nice young lady at Marlin who was very friendly and helpful.
Turns out my rifle, even though it is like new and only recently fired is 20 years old, produced in 2000.
She said she would warranty the splitting stock and is sending me a new one.
In the middle of the discussion we got cut off, I called back and I was connected to a different young lady who was equally as friendly and helped me find the lady I originally spoke to. The second young lady finalized the deal and said they would ship out the new buttstock free of all charges.
It pays to be a nice guy on the phone.
Thanks again all.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good word + congrats on getting your new buttstock. And you're right about being a nice guy on the phone....unless its telemarketers Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son in law purchased a 7mm Rem Mag Sako rifle about 3 years back. We had been trying to get a stable load - no success - groups were 2-4". He ended up with factory ammo for the 2019 hunting season. During the hunt the stock broke in 2 pieces between the hand grip and the trigger guide. He had to get a good dealer through a family member to get a new stock. The dealer had indicated that he would get it replaced from Sako.

Nevertheless the reason for stock splitting at this part of the stock is mainly due to the bottom screw not being adjusted tight enough.

We had loaded the same loads as before this past weekend and the groups had significantly shrinked. One 5 shot group was 3/4". We had therefore also found the reason for the rifles poor performance in 2019.

Therefore, regularly check the bottom screws on the stock of your rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Snellstrom,

Glad you had good service from Marlin. I also had a problem with the checkering on a post JM Marlin I ordered in, and Marlin/Remington was great.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the "new Marlin" folks are stepping up.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote