New
Find
Notify
Tools

ruger 77s discontinued
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
seems as ruger is discontinuing the m77 with rotary mags which will include all the rimfires
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...8The+Firearm+Blog%29

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Wow! I just purchased the 77 in 17 WSM. Glad that I did!

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Wow! I just purchased the 77 in 17 WSM. Glad that I did!

How does it shoot?

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Haven't shot it yet, but it's ready to go. I have one in 22Mag and it's a shooter!

One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Haven't shot it yet, but it's ready to go. I have one in 22Mag and it's a shooter!

I bet the 17 will also shoot. I'm tempted to buy one.

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The notice they sent out says it's "temporary"

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snyper:
The notice they sent out says it's "temporary"

Most likely because they caught a lot of shit for lying in the past. The most recent example that sticks in my mind was about 5 years ago they announced they were discontinuing the left handed stainless rifles. Then they made another batch, then another, etc.
If the public wants them back bad enough they will make more in the future. Nothing makes people want to buy it than saying it wont be made anymoreSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One could say that their marketing plan is working if the demand goes up for a so called discontinued model. Friend of mine has the 77/22 rifle and we put a new trigger spring plus shims plus shimmed the bolt itself and it does quite well. LIke the feel of the rifle for it is full size versus some other 22 bolt rifles on the market. My friend wants to sell his so since they are being discontinued better jump on that one. Great marketing strategy that Ruger outfit.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad others liked them. I owned in 223, 22H, and 22 mag, multiple rifles in the latter two and none had close to acceptable accuracy. Maybe it was the idiot pulling the trigger. But Rem 700s, Sakos, and Anschutz seem to shoot quite well for me.
Enjoy your 77s.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Crap that will drive the price up.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, I wish I had mine back now....

Posts: 113 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 23 May 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
I have a Ruger number one in .204 Ruger. I just happen to be at the gun store the day after it came in. I haven't seen one for sale since, even though they are still on the ever-changing list. good luck!

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote