New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning CZ 457
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In cleaning my CZ 457 Training Rifle in 22LR, I would like to clean it from the breech end as I should. But the fixed ejector sticks up into the line of travel of the cleaning rod. Is this common, and is there a way to get around this? Rather than clean from the muzzle.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have several 452s, and they have the same bolt stop.

It does not interfere with a cleaning rod at all.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Like Saeed, I don't understand your problem. Is the CZ 457 somehow different than the 452?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13329 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not had any experience with CZ’s other the the 457. I can still run my cleaning rod into the bore, but the ejector sticks up and drags against it. This is with a Tipton 22 caliber cleaning rod.

Checking out other boards like rimfire central, some people stated that with the 457 they use a cleaning rod and tip for a .204 cal bore. Most of my experience is with Ruger, Marlin, and Cooper .22’s, and I have not seen this type of thing before.

sputster

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Bore guide

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66762 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a Possum Hollow Bore Guide when cleaning my 457. It uses the same bore guide as the 452. However, it is notched or cut to not interfere with the ejector.

The way I went around the problem you're having is to buy and use a cleaning rod designed for a .20 caliber barrel. I'm using a Dewey plastic coated rod. It's diameter is small enough to largely alleviate the problem. I suppose you could use a .17 caliber rod as well. I read on CZ's web site in their FAQs (cut and pasted below) to use a smaller diameter cleaning rod.

https://cz-usa.com/support/faq/

Q: “I’ve heard you use tight bores in your .22s, is that right? What does that mean?”

A: Our 22 LRs use our cold hammer forged and lapped barrels, and are built a bit tighter than many other guns. In 22 LR we run a .211 bore, which is one of the reasons our .22s are known for incredible accuracy. This also means that a .17 or .20 rod and jag are required for cleaning, since a .22 rod will be too large.

Posts: 444 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sep, I followed your example with a .20 caliber rod and accessories. No problems now, works fine. Thanks!

sputster

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it worked out for you Sputster.

Posts: 444 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote