New
Find
Notify
Tools

What rimfire for a suppressor?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a suppressor for .22 rimfire. What gun should I buy to go with it?
Pistol or rifle ok.

Posts: 10115 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Here in New Zealand where suppressors are completely legal and unregulated , every type of rimfire rifle currently available commercially has a suppressor available for it .

I would buy whatever rifle suits your purpose and fits your body shape , and then fit your suppressor to that.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4455 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sig Sauer Mosquito pistol and a Savage MarkII bolt action rifle. Remember that the suppressor will also work on a 223 rifle like an AR or Ruger. Iron sights probably won't work unless they are extra high.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a pre threaded CZ bolt action to shoot suppressed but I also threaded a couple of 10/22s as well, the bolt gun is quieter.

Also, most of the Ruger 22/45 pistols come pre threaded and my 22/45 Mark IV is very accurate and simple to clean, a great little pistol.

Posts: 41762 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot a suppressed S&W autoloading pistol at a range (a rental), seemed nice but didn't always cycle the slide with standard-velocity ammunition.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14346 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
you're as bad as me. Buying your accessories before buying the gun. I bought a set of Ivory grips for a peacemaker then went looking for a revolver to buy.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
you're as bad as me. Buying your accessories before buying the gun. I bought a set of Ivory grips for a peacemaker then went looking for a revolver to buy.

I bought reloading dies for 6mm-284 to mess with, then a year or two later a used heavy-barrel Remington 700 in 243 called to me...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14346 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote