THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Looking for a customizer for Ruger 10/22 in .22 WMR

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a customizer for Ruger 10/22 in .22 WMR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone recommend a gunsmith/maker to put together a very accurate 10/22 in .22 WMR?

Thanks

Posts: 10136 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10/22's are almost stupid easy to work on. I'm assuming wmr's are just as easy. Buy some parts and put one together yourself and save a bunch of time and money.

My 10/22 consists of a Volquartsen barrel, trigger job, $120 scope, customized factory stock and it puts 5 shots under 1" at 100 yds with popular target ammo.

Posts: 488 | Location: WI | Registered: 31 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a stock 10/22 "Magnum" in .22 WMR, installed a Green Mountain fluted 22" sporter barrel and Hogue stock, upgraded Ruger trigger and get average groups between 1"-2" at 100 yards depending on brand/bullet weight. With Leu 1.5-6 scope with heavy duplex reticle (thinking about upgrading that component to get more precision). And I sent it to Connecticut Precision to have them tighten the bolt. I've had marked improvement in several 10/22s once CP works them over. Quick turnaround and reasonable prices.

Posts: 230 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Volquartzen Precision for sure.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!!!!

Posts: 10136 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot one of their full customs in .22 mag and it was a hoot.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one done by Clark Custom Guns over 15 years ago that has been fantastic.

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sell that collectible 10/22 magnum before the receiver cracks and buy a magnum research 22 mag 10/22 clone. I have one with a carbon fiber wrapped barrel. It's a great shooter.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2140 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote