New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser werke Obendorf 22 LR
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I stumbled on beautiful little skinny Mauser Werke, obenddorf clip fed 22 Long rifle. Looks like an African big bore that shrunk in he wash, has mod 70 type safety and has an old but like new Redfield receiver sight..the stock is slim and trim, Have not seen one of these in commercial mode in 50 years and its in prime condition, and talk about accurate, its an incrdible little rifle and found a home, safty is tight so that has to be fixed...Then found two lbs of RL-22 and 6000 primers for large rifle and Large rifle magnums Fed and CCI..bought it all..couldn't have had a better day...Filer gun show always has some great stuff adn its just a 200 table show..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You really hit the jackpot with that little .22. It will still be around when the powder and primers are long gone. I have never even seen one except in pictures.

Posts: 722 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ijust noticed the barrel has 22 Patrone stamp on it..It shoots 22 long rifle..Just curious about that?? Patron in spanish is boss in English is the best I can do, but doubt that means anything..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41820 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Didn't Weibe do one with a floorplate and hidden magazine? Might have been a MAS.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Patrone in German is "cartridge". So, 22 cartridge.

Posts: 698 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive only seen one of these re: a sporter, the rest have been target or German training models..I believe the bolt has been turned down to allow for scope, excellent job, looks real nice, 5 shot clip and it only extends about 1/4 inch below the bottom metal..thin schnable really looks nice dovetailed for scope and I found a set of rings to match so stuck a 3X Leupold and may use 7/8s ring fillers and install my 2.5X Leupold Alaskan. Im very impressed with this little jewell, its just plain cute..I also have a very simulair SAKO of old ventage in 22 L.R.

thanks Craig

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well in a weak moment I sold it,but keeping my Brno, actually I couldn't tell them apart, they look the same, shoot the same so put they both up for sale with the intention of keeping the one that was left,,I named the Brno "left over" I intend to keep it, Lord I hope I can do that...

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joel Dorleac can do pretty wonderful things with these little rifles.

https://www.dorleac-dorleac.co...user-action/?lang=en

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes he can and any other firearm for that matter..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Joel Dorleac can do pretty wonderful things with these little rifles.

https://www.dorleac-dorleac.co...user-action/?lang=en

For the man who just settle with one .22LR that rifle must be the one.

Dorleac & Dorleac is the french answer to Hartmann & WEiss....or viceversa.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About 20 years ago a friend who was an older Czeck gent from a community nearby brought by a little scaled down 98 Mauser in 22 that was used as a trainer for the Wehrmacht in war 2. It was a beauty. Never seen another like it before or since.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote