New
Find
Notify
Tools

overrun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
living in the middle of 40 acres of oaks is really a god sent,but,it does have certain disadvantages such as being overrun with chipmunks.i've been doing a bit of control with a little martini cadet in17 ackely hornet,but it is a bit loud. so i figured i need another 22. years ago a made up a target type 10/22 but sold it. Thought i'd make another but adding up the numbers it just seemed like a better idea to just buy one. Hence i now have a ruger 10/22 target lite. i figured it wouldn't be as good as a custom but i just need a minute of chipmunk. mounted a sig whiskey 3-9 on it and took it outside to sight in. at 50 yds i'm able to get about 11/4 groups, plenty good enough for munk ontrol biggest surprise was the new ruger target trigger creepy but about 2.5# over a regular 10/22 that's quite an improvement my kimber or cz shoots better, but i needed (read NEEDED) a new toy. this fills the bill

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well, when the ladies when buying a new dress use the phrase "What's need got to do with it?"...... I rest my case.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try some different ammo. You should be able to do much better accuracy wise.

Posts: 41768 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
living in the middle of 40 acres of oaks is really a god sent,but,it does have certain disadvantages such as being overrun with chipmunks.i've been doing a bit of control with a little martini cadet in17 ackely hornet,but it is a bit loud. so i figured i need another 22. years ago a made up a target type 10/22 but sold it. Thought i'd make another but adding up the numbers it just seemed like a better idea to just buy one. Hence i now have a ruger 10/22 target lite. i figured it wouldn't be as good as a custom but i just need a minute of chipmunk. mounted a sig whiskey 3-9 on it and took it outside to sight in. at 50 yds i'm able to get about 11/4 groups, plenty good enough for munk ontrol biggest surprise was the new ruger target trigger creepy but about 2.5# over a regular 10/22 that's quite an improvement my kimber or cz shoots better, but i needed (read NEEDED) a new toy. this fills the bill

https://www.anschutznorthameri...tore/p351/1727F.html

Then you will be ready to step into a blaser r8 Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, when the ladies when buying a new dress use the phrase "What's need got to do with it?"...... I rest my case.

rotflmo Right on! rotflmo tu2