New
Find
Notify
Tools

1885 shooters~?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How many of you readers own and shoot a Winchester 1885 in .22 caliber~? Is it an original or a Miroku copy~?
What do you think or it~?

Posts: 251 | Location: florida | Registered: 20 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one in 22 hornet for six months. It’s a newly made Winchester. Believe it was a shot show special, with nice wood.
It has shell ejection issues with Hornady brass, but works fine with Winchester brass. It’s accurate, slightly better than 1”.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Miroku in 17 HMR, they're nice rifles.

Posts: 684 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I have a new Miroku Winchester 1885 in 17 WSM, with a full octagonal barrel and a Swarovski Z-3 scope mounted on it. Love it.

posted Hide Post
I have a 1885 made in 22LR and love it.

If ignorance is bliss; there are some blissful sonofaguns around here. We know who you are, so no reason to point yourselves out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just acquired another, a Browning1885 in 22H.
Just have had time to sight it in seems very accurate.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2628 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miroku built 1885, beautiful and amazingly accurate~!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have Miroku built 1885s in .22 and .38-55 Love them both.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a 1885 low wall .22 lr, originally a Winder musket, rebarreled with a Shilen ratchet and with an DZ Arms ejector, and stocked with a nice piece oof English walnut from George Pederson (Treebone). Very accurate, good-looking .22 BPCR rifle.

Clamar

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 28 March 2022 00:05 Hide Post
I’ve had one in 22 hornet for six months. It’s a newly made Winchester. Believe it was a shot show special, with nice wood.
It has shell ejection issues with Hornady brass, but works fine with Winchester brass. It’s accurate, slightly better than 1”.

NRA Patron

l've given upon on hornet hornet stuff the brass is chit and the accuracy matches the brass

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I don't have one, but antique or modern they should be a fun platform. I have a Marlin Ballard with a Johnson barrel that's ugly as sin but seems to shoot well, though I haven't tested it nearly enough.

If you hunt, I think a Miroku 1885 balanced similarly to another in centerfire would be great combo.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote