New
Find
Notify
Tools

My latest 22 L.R. (wow)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought this one on auction, a Brno mod 1 with factory barrel band front sight, factory 3 leaf rear, mod. 70ish type safety, and European walnut stock with slim forend and schnable, rust blue, all from the factory..It shoots an inch with most every load Ive tried at 75 yards. I stuck a 3x9 Leupold compact on in Talley QD scope rings...

Its only flaw if you want to call it that was the varnish finish of yesteryear on it, I fixed that in a few days and its now a in the wood, satin finish..

I love this one, its found a home, and that ain't easy at the Atkinson homestead, most eventually hit the road, not this one..It sits next to almost a clone 222 Sako L-46..

BTW, this is my latest and I now have two of these, I wonder if I could convert one of these with a new barrel to a 22 magnum or 5mm Remington..???????

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No need for a new barrel for a .22 Magnum since a .22 LR barrel is, despite the specs otherwise, usually the same one that is used for the WMR version. The issue in such a conversion would be the magazine length and bolt throw. Used as a single-shot it would probably be fine.

Of course, re-doing to a .20 caliber would require a new barrel (assuming you actually wanted to hit something with it.

Posts: 13227 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I have the same rifle and have to agree that it is a keeper!
Can you share which Tally rings you got for yours? My old eyes need a scope and I was just thinking of getting one for my BRNO.
I am not sure what rings will fit the receiver and sure would like to put Tally QDs on it.
BTW, I enjoy all of your posts. Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Posts: 12 | Location: ohio | Registered: 17 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tallys, 14 mm. but perhaps 16mm can't remember which so check with TAlley they will tell you. Brno mod. 1..Someone on here will chime in, that's how I got mine, I think alf told me..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ray, Thanks! I got an email off to Tally.
Mike

Posts: 12 | Location: ohio | Registered: 17 August 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
#1 takes 16mm rings. You can convert to 22 mag but have to buy a new mag well and a few other parts, then drill and tap a hole or two. been a long time since I converted one. It was a scout.

Used to ream out the chamber on the Romanian trainers and enlarge the boltface, then make a single shot adapter, they shot lights out, but weren't much to look at.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote