THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Smith&Wesson K22 Model 17-3 Year of Manufacture?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith&Wesson K22 Model 17-3 Year of Manufacture?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For a Smith&Wesson K22 Model 17-3 Serial Number 8K 72XXX what is the approximate date it was manufactured? I know that serial numbered frames sometimes (often?) were not used the same year they were made, but an approximate date is all I need.

Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
W/O contacting S+W I have no idea. I have several S+W books but the year of Mfg. is quite vague. Not so in my Winchester books, they are spot on. I would be interested on this question as well + since I do collect S+W revolvers I would like a reliable guide instead of a 'somewhere' estimate.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
BTW, that little K-22 is a sweet gun. I love mine.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to the S&W forum. You can date it there.
C.G.B.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
BTW, that little K-22 is a sweet gun. I love mine.

I've owned several 17s over the years and the 17-3 is my favorite. The one I've kept the longest I suspect is quite rare since it has an 8-3/8" barrel and was shipped in "single action only" with TT, TH, and target grips. Amazing trigger

Posts: 251 | Location: florida | Registered: 20 April 2012Reply With Quote